BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dyah
Fluorite | Level 6

hallo, can you help me guys?

i am trying to analyze three ordinal variables using log linear model.. but i cant find the genmod procedure for three ordinal variables.. i've been try using the genmod proc for two ordinal variables and changed the model, but the there was missing value..

below is my procedure:

data tugasadk;
input x$ y$ z$ u v w count  @@;
datalines;

proc genmod data=tugasadk rorder=data;
class x y z;
model count = x y z/ dist=poi
link=log lrci type3 obstats;
title 'independen model 1 ';
run;

proc genmod data=tugasadk order=data;
class x y z ;
model count = x y z u*v x*z y*z /dist=poi
link=log lrci type3 obstats;
title 'linear by linear association 1';
run;

can you show me the right procedure? thank you..

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User

You are building Possion Regression, Not Log Linear Model.

Log Linear Model is for Contingency/Freq Table . In other words, you need use PROC CATMOD .

proc catmod data=bartlett;
weight count;
model x*y*z*u*v*w=_response_ / noparm pred=freq;
loglin x|y|z|u|v|w @ 2;
quit;

dyah
Fluorite | Level 6

thank you very much for the reply, but from three ordinal variables i've made the contingency table..

is that still use poisson regression?

Ksharp
Super User
No. It totally different another Model. It split the COUNT into three variables way .
dyah
Fluorite | Level 6

I've tried the procedure from you, but the next problem is still confuse how i know the best model, how to read the output.. can you help me once again?

thanks you very much for your helping.. 

Ksharp
Super User
Sorry. I am not expert about PROC CATMOD. But you can read documentation, there are many example in it you can refer to.

"how i know the best model, how to read the output.. "
Check ANOVA, if some variables are not significant ,you can drop them from the model.
Can you post the output? I don't know if I could explain it .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation