BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
robertrao
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Team,

I have a variable small.i was asked to convert so that it looks meaningful ....i renamed the variable to "smallvalue(no spaces)"........i used label to create a space(Small Value);

when i do a freq i am getting

smallvalue(Small Value)...

How can i get only the Small Value in the output instead of the above...........

i cant go for renaming it directly to "Small Value" because of the SPACE

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Astounding
PROC Star

No simple way.  You might settle for a variable name of Small_Value instead, using an underscore, and skipping the label.

Other possibilities include switching procedures.  PROC TABULATE may be able to give you the result you need.  Or creating an ODS template for PROC FREQ.  How complex are you willing to get to make this happen?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I don't understand the question.  Can you post your code to illustrate?

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

robertrao
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks Duke,

I figured a way around. I changed it to smallvalue(no space) and labelled it small value(with space); Like Astounding tried explaining.....

Thanks to both of you for your time in understanding the question.

cheers

Astounding
PROC Star

No simple way.  You might settle for a variable name of Small_Value instead, using an underscore, and skipping the label.

Other possibilities include switching procedures.  PROC TABULATE may be able to give you the result you need.  Or creating an ODS template for PROC FREQ.  How complex are you willing to get to make this happen?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation