BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
buder
Fluorite | Level 6
I have SAS University Edition and am working on probit regressions; I have no problems running an ordinary probit model.

But in order to test the marginal effects (and thus be able to interpret the coefficients), I have read online that one needs to use the PROC QLIM procedure.

However PROC QLIM is not possible to do with the University Edition. 

Is there any alternative to using PROC QLIM to analyze the marginal effects that will work for SAS University Edition for a probit model?
3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Try PROC GEE, with dist=binomial and link=probit options in the MODEL statement.  Try something like this example, setting link=probit.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/68162/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_gee_examples...

Steve Denham

buder
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the info.

I contacted SAS and they told me to set up SAS OnDemand.

I need to do both probit and tobit regressions in the future, so it will be a much easier solution to have the PROC QLIM function with SAS OnDemand from here on out.

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

you could do this by fitting the model in PROC NLMIXED and using the PREDICT statement.  see this note.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation