BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chuie
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I have quick question on how to analyze pre and post count data to know the effectiveness of school tele health program on ED (emergency Department) volumne reduction.

For example, We have opened a tele health  clinic on  X number of school.I would like to comapre if tele health clinic have any impact on ED redcution.

My data would be like this:

Schoolname    beforeED count(2013)       At intervention ED count(2014)           After ED count(2015)           After ED count(2016)

ABC                     60                                             70                                                          30                                         35

DEF                      150                                             56                                                        28                                         13

XYZ                       86                                               56                                              64                                                     25

If anyone could  give me proper step by step instruction , I would really apapricate 

Thanks

CS

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

1. Graph the data so you can see the differences.

2. Look at the paired t-test option as a basic starter

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetVersion=14.2&docsetTarget=statug_ttest_examples0...

chuie
Quartz | Level 8

Thank You Mam for promp reply. I forgot to add one variable called school tele health yes/no so that we could comapre the rates with those school who have tele heallth clinc vs not.

school       Tele clinic (yes/no)                    pre ED count       at intervention ED count       after ED count (2015)      after ED count(2016)             

A                    YES                                           50                           60                                    13                                    30

B                     NO                                          151                           122                                      155                               160

would like to answer:

1. how to know school tele health  have reduced the ED volumn at 1. first year(2015)    2. second year (2016)

2. magnitude of reduction like ED volumn were reduced by x %  at schools who have school tele health clinic comapred to those who do not have school tele health clinic

I would really appricate if you could answer those questions

Thank you so much in advance:)

Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Hi Chuie,

I would reshape your current wide data to long data as such

schoolteleclinictimecount
AYes050
AYes160
AYes213
AYes330
BNo0151
BNo1122
BNo2155
BNo316

where time=0=pre, ..., time=3=after ED count(2016)  and  model by Poisson Regression. Your outcome variable will be count. The independent variables will be teleclinic, time and teleclinic*time and specify them as categorical variables. The interaction term will test if the effect of teleclinic on your outcome variable differs at each time point. If overdispersion exists, you will have to try to model by other distributions i.e. Negative Binomial Regression, generalised poisson regression. Please refer SAS online documentation or Google for further information. HTH. 

chuie
Quartz | Level 8

Thank YOU Wong.. This is very helpful I will do the anlysis and will post the sas code and output.

Please validate if I am on right tract.

Thank you again 🙂

chuie
Quartz | Level 8

Wong,

what test should I perform inoder to test the effectiveness of the clinic like ED count reduced by X% from the baseline 

Please chare your thoughts

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation