BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Gabee
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear All,

I was assigned to a task in which I should use Poisson-binomial distribution calculation, but as far as I know there is no Poisson-binomial density fuction available in SAS.

I have found the following article which describes the computation background and I know that it is implemented in R but I should use it in SAS.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.220.8708&rep=rep1&type=pdf

I have also found an article about the DISCRATE procedure which is supported by the authors, not by the SAS Institute:

http://www.sascommunity.org/sugi/SUGI83/Sugi-83-162%20Geaghan%20Gates%20Williams.pdf

Please let me know if you have any idea how I could implement Poisson binomial density in SAS.

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

To clarify, which of the four functions for working with distributions do you need? You say "density", so I assume you want the discrete PMF. Do you also need CDF? Quantiles? Random number generation for simulating data from this distribution?

Also, do you have SAS/IML? What version of SAS are you running?

Gabee
Fluorite | Level 6
Dear Rick,

I am mostly interested in CDF but if you have any information, examples for the others please let me know.
Yes, we have SAS/IML licenced. Version: SAS 9.3TS1M2

Thank you for your help in advance!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation