BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
moealmo91
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I am working on a crash count data, using GENMOD... it sounds that I only get significant results if I use Poisson distribution. However, I am getting Devianc/DF= 0.64 which is away from 1 >>>> that means poission is not suitable. I have also tried Negative binomial... nothing worked --- please I need help?SAS output.png

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

I think it is OK.

Devianc/DF= 0.64 which means your model is not overdisperse.

While Devianc/DF>1  which  means your model is overdisperse. that is not good.

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

That is as much an indicator of fit as over- or under-dispersion, so you might want to investigate alternative models such as models including interactions and such. If you are still concerned about dispersion, there are alternative models such as the Conway-Maxwell Poisson, the generalized Poisson, or GEE models as mentioned near the end of this note. As also noted there, you can explicitly model the dispersion using the DISPMODEL option in PROC COUNTREG. 

moealmo91
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response.  Yes, I am really concerned about dispersion. However, the only models I know are NB and Poisson.  would you please help me with the SAS code since I couldn't find any source for those models you mentioned. Here is the  SAS code.

proc genmod data=odot.crossover;
model C_F_P = lnaadt Installation_length__miles_ Number_of_Lanes / dist=poisson link=log; run;SAS output.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation