BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
woodcook
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to run an analysis for survival analysis with a recurrent event using PROC PHREG.

Though my data set is quite big with many categorical variables some with up to nine levels.

At first I ran the following models I. Count data model ii) conditional model taking possible correlation between events into considerations.

I noticed that it took like forever to run each analysis. Then I removed all covariates but one to check for the proportionality assumption of that particular covariate by add additional line to my code. Each time I run the code, my sas end up stopped working with the message "sas .exe stopped working". The only way to close the application or get it running again is to restart my system.

below is the code that kept crashing my sas 9.2.

PROC PHREG data=myday covs(aggregate) covm;

class var_a;

model(time_start time_stop)*cen(0) = var_a /RL;

proportinality_check=(time_stop - time_start)*var_a;

id patid;

run;

1. Please does anyone know what I might do to get this fixed.

2. In the event that I get it fix, can I possible in my final model, check the proportionality assumption of all other variables at same time?

Thanks in anticipation of a swift and favorable response.

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Any time that SAS crashes, you should notify SAS Technical Support so that

1) SAS can fix the problem in a future release, and/or

2) Technical Support can tell you about a workaround, hotfix, or other known solution.

This Web page contains instructions for submitting problems to SAS Technical Support: http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation