BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jczarne
Calcite | Level 5
I am having problems understanding this procedure with JMP. I read a lot of journals articles that run multivariate logistic regression with JMP however when I look through the help section and online there is no mention of how to exactly perform this procedure. The only mentioned techniques are logisitic regression and multivariate analysis. This being said I need to run multivariate logisitic regression (I have one dependent and 3 or 4 independent variables). If someone would be so kind to answer these questions for me I would greatly appreciate it.

My Test:
I have "Load Failures (ex 46.2, 89.2, 10.2, 40) " as my dependent and I have material "thickness, porosity, stiffness value, density" as my independent variable. I want to model and see if I could design a material for a specific load failure based on my independent variables.

1. Can JMP 7 and 8 run "multivariate logistic regression" analysis?

2. How do I run this in JMP? Can someone please take me through the procedure. This is such a powerful software and has a lot of choices and variables that could dramatically change the results.

This is what I have tried so far and I am confused if what I ran might be multivariate logistic regression:

logistic regression : Fit Y by X on each independent parameter.

Fit Model : Fit Y with multiple X's...this is where I am confused.

Fit Y by X and Fit model if I choose my Y variable to be nominal instead of ordinal I get an error that tells me the program cannot converge "step halving limit" etc.

So I am forced to choose "ordinal" for logistic regression and I am not very familiar with the difference this will have on my results.

Also, when I add my independent variables I could: A. Just press add B. Cross or C. Nest.
This will also change my results dramatically.

If this is the correct way then how to I go about taking 3 or 4 independent parameters and testing them (together) against my load failure?

What is the proper procedure for running multivariate logistic regression using JMP. As I am a newbie to this software I would appreciate it if you could take me through it step by step.

Thanks very much,
Jerry
1 REPLY 1
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
You should probably post this in the JMP forum

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation