BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I have a binary response data.Is it possible for me to use Proc Loess for fitting those Binary Response? If so, do I need to specify some where that response is binary?
4 REPLIES 4
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
TEchnically, it is possible to do by just scoring the dependent variable 0-1. However, it is not recommended, see
http://www.gotstat.com/category/SAS.aspx
n6
Quartz | Level 8 n6
Quartz | Level 8
I had only looked some on the SAS software help. I looked at the SAS website just now and it says the output from the two PROCs should be the same, which is what I originally thought. So I'll have to check the code again but I could've sworn it's the same with both GENMOD and GLM.

Actually it's not the regular GENMOD and GLM output that was different (I diidn't even check that actually) but rather the results from the ESTIMATE statements that were different. So maybe even though the procs give the same output in general they give different output on identical ESTIMATE statements, perhaps because different paramaterizations are used. I'll check into it but if anyone has any idea off the top of their heads please pipe up.
n6
Quartz | Level 8 n6
Quartz | Level 8
Oops, my response was meant to go in the GENMOD / GLM thread. I've copied it there. Please ignore it here. Sorry about that.
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
You can use PROC GAM, rather than PROC LOESS, to fit a model to a logistic model to a binary response that includes loess- or spline-smoothed predictors. For details and examples, see the GAM documentation:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/gam_toc.htm

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation