BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MarryEdward
Calcite | Level 5

Dear all,

In the following "Proc glm" I am using a panel regression with an interaction term (PIncP*Same4). I want to test for the joint significance of the variable "Same4" with "PIncP*Same4". I used the command "test Same4, PIncP*Same4;" as shown below. It runs but I get no result in the output. I am new to SAS so I am not sure if I am missing something in the proc glm below.

proc glm;

class Off Def OffSeason OffGame Down FieldPos Cold Wind Weather Grass ;

model YardsMinAvgP4 = PIgP Same4 PIncP*Same4 FracPassGameIgP PrevSucc4

YPRGameIgP YPPGameIgP FracSuccGame Down YTG FieldPos PointDiff DiffSpreadvsActual Cold Wind Weather Grass OffHome / solution ;

test Same4 , PIncP*Same4;

run;

Thank You!

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

The "test" statement in PROC GLM is a method to use some mean square other than the residual mean square as a denominator in an F test, and, so far as I can tell, not a way to do joint testing.  If you really wish to do a joint test, you should look at procedures such as GLIMMIX that allow the use of the EFFECT statement or LSMESTIMATE statement.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation