BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
reza96
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am using the SAS 9.4 edition and I would like to conduct the following panel regression : trade_{i,j,t} = Intercept + B1 * flow_{i,t} + …. Epsilon_{i,t}. The dependent variable represents the percentage change in stock holding of fund i in stock j at quarter-end t relative to time t-1, flow_{i,t} is the capital flow in/out of fund i at quarter-end t.

Which procedure do I need to use to estimate this regression which includes fixed effects at each quarter-end t and which clusters standard errors at the fund level i?

Below is the code I am using now, which only clusters standard errors at the fund level. Thanks in advance for your help.

proc surveyreg data= partial_scaling;

cluster fund;

weight regression_weight;

model perc_delta_shares = next_qpercflow / ADJRSQ solution ;

quit;

Regards,

Reza

3 REPLIES 3
Sinistrum
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

although presumably you will no longer be in need of an answer, as search machines might redirect someone considering the same issue (well, at least me) to this place:

proc	surveyreg
	data					=	partial_scaling;
	cluster						fund;
	class						quarter_end;
	weight						regression_weight;
	model
	perc_delta_shares		=	next_qperfclow	quarter_end
								/
								ADJRSQ
								solution;
quit;	

For a large number of fixed effects, I suggest this macro.

Yours sincerely,

Sinistrum

sasphd
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

what de you mean by  

regression_weight

Saba1
Quartz | Level 8

@reza96  I have a similar requirement for my regression analysis i.e., clustered S.E. at fund level and year fixed effect. Please guide me which code has helped you achieving this objective. Thanks.

What is the purpose of "regression_Weight"?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation