BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
victoria_sh
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I  am trying to obtain age-standardised rates and have got Groupvar, Agevar, CASES and POP, which i use in the standardisation.

It calculates properly. However, when I try to enter a by_variable (i.e. location) i get an error message:

"ERROR: The stratum in the REFDATA= data set, Age_5yr_65= 5, does not have a matched stratum in the DATA= data set."

I've got Age_5yr_65= 5 in STANDARD_POP data, in CASES data and POP data. I can calculate adj.rates separately for each location. I've also checked that I do not have zeros or missing values or even small values. Everything looks good, but the command does not work. Am I missing something or using it in a wrong way? Any advice is greately appreciated.

My syntax:

proc stdrate data=CASES_POP

refdata=STAND_POP

method=direct

stat=rate(mult=1000)

cl=Normal

effect;

POPULATION group=INDIG event=CASES total=POP;

REFERENCE  total=POP;

STRATA Age_5yr_65/effect;

BY LHN;

run;

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

I've got Age_5yr_65= 5 in STANDARD_POP data, in CASES data and POP data

In all locations?

This seems to indicate otherwise. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation