BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AnalytX
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everybody,

I would like to calculate the sample size in a study : crossover Williams design (3 treatments and 6 sequences). I only find the following page on the web but it only gives information about the simple 2X2 crossover design using PROC POWER (and PAIREDMEANS statement).

Do you have any idea?

Thanking you in advancesa

3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I think you might have to sneak up on this one.  Use PROC MIXED to calculate non-central F values for a range of sample sizes and expected effects, and see which one best approximates the power desired.  See Chapter 12 in Littel et al.'s SAS for Mixed Models, 2nd. ed., and expand from there.

Steve Denham

Laiju
Calcite | Level 5
For the same case when data follows non central t distribution,how can we calculate sample size? Can we use the same proc mixed?
AnalytX
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. I will try to apply this methodology.

Regards,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation