BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm doing regression analysis with panel data (small N, large T). I have three related questions and I would be most grateful if anyone could answer at least one of them.

1. Can PROC MIXED estimate one-way fixed/random effects models as in TSCSREG? If so, which settings should one use?

2. I have constructed a mixed effects model. I have a collection of fixed effects plus cross-sectional random effects with autoregressive AR(1) error terms. All is well, but...

Other academic papers that report similar models also report the significance levels associated with
- the covariance parameter estimates; and
- the - 2 log likelihood

The only p-value that I can find is the null model likelihood ratio test. Is this p-value related to one of the above? If not, how will I know how many asterisks to put next to the covariance parameter estimates and the - 2 log likelihood 🙂

3. Is it so that the main difference between TSCSREG and MIXED is that they can manage different kinds of error covariance structures. That is, TSCSREG can handle cross-sectional heterogeneity (one-way fixed/random) and contemporaneous correlation (Parks), etc.; and MIXED can handle autoregressive error terms plus random cross-sectional errors (AR(1)), etc.

THANKS!
1 REPLY 1
deleted_user
Not applicable
It seems that I was able to compute the p-values associates with the covariance parameter estimates using the COVTEST option.

However, the significance of the -2 Log Likelihood remains a mystery 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation