BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
eewinters
Calcite | Level 5

I am currently evaluating using SAS as a tool for work in psychometrics (running University Edition/SAS Studio currently), and I'm really loving the ease of the SAS PROC IRT Code.  I'm wondering, is there no way for users to have SAS generate item infit and outfit statistics for IRT models?  I can live without some of the overall model fit indicies, but item and person infit and outfit statistics are kind of important.  

I've found some work looking at the use of PROC GLIMMIX getting infit and outfit statistics for the Rasch model, but this seems 1. super convoluted and 2. super limited.  

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Did you try ITEMFIT or ITEMSTAT in the PROC IRT statement? 

Im not familiar with PROC IRT but I can read the docs 🙂

Usually, checking for options on the model and proc statement are good places to start. The next is to search for papers on lexjansen.com which contains user written papers on SAS topics. 

If it turns out you can't do something you can always add it to the ballotware as a suggestion for the next update. 

t_n5
Calcite | Level 5

I am also wondering the same thing. I can't figure out how to find infit and outfit with PROC IRT. Did you figure it out ever?

Reeza
Super User
Those options don’t work? You may want to start a new thread, this one is almost two years old and it likely won’t be seen.
t_n5
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately ITEMFIT and ITEMSTAT only give Chi-square fit indices. From what I have found, I might not be able to get Infit and Outfit from this.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation