BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am fitting a model with fixed and random effects, and making a prediction that involves a nonlinear function of the fixed effects estimates and predictions of the random effects. Is there a way to output the approximate prediction variance matrix (P) described on Pg 2786 of SAS/STAT® 9.22 User’s Guide - The GLIMMIX Procedure?

If so I could apply the delta method in IML, using P from GLIMMIX.

I can do this in NLMIXED, but my data set is large with many random effects and NLMIXED is slow whereas GLIMMIX is really fast (even with method=laplace).

BTW, adding the laplace approximation to GLIMMIX was a great benefit.
3 REPLIES 3
Dale
Pyrite | Level 9
Not everyone has the documentation in book form. To what section/subsection of the documentation does page 2786 refer?

Details
    --> ??
        --> ??
deleted_user
Not applicable
Chapter 38
Section: Details: GLIMMIX Procedure
Subsection: Generalized Linear Mixed Models Theory
Subsubsection: Aspects Common to Adaptive Quadrature and Laplace Approximation
Livi
Calcite | Level 5

I have the same problem. Have you find the solution?

Thank you very much for reply.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation