BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AJ8
Calcite | Level 5 AJ8
Calcite | Level 5

Running PROC GLIMMIX on two different occasions with the same data yield two different estimates for "Fixed Intercept", while eveyrthing else (Covariance estimates/OR/ CL etc.) stayed the same.

This is the second time it happened, the first time was a year ago with a different set of data.

I would really APPRECIATE if someone tells me what is going on.

6 REPLIES 6
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I assume that you upgraded to a newer version of SAS/STAT between runs?

AJ8
Calcite | Level 5 AJ8
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your reply! I don't think that I upgraded, but I am running SAS server. Does that automaticlaly upgrade my SAS? Even so why would the estimate varies?

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You can find your SAS version by running

%put &=SYSVLONG;

on both systems.

You can get different answers for ill-fitting problems when you change releases or operating systems (Windows <--> Linux). The problem usually indicates that the likelihood function is very flat and/or that the model does not fit the data. For a discussion, see this thread:

AJ8
Calcite | Level 5 AJ8
Calcite | Level 5

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can't open the thread though, it is invalid.Do you mind providing me the link again? THANK YOU!

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I think I had a 'cut-and-paste' error.  I have edited and corrected the link in my previous response.

AJ8
Calcite | Level 5 AJ8
Calcite | Level 5

THANK YOU!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation