BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lis
Calcite | Level 5 lis
Calcite | Level 5

I am working on a cross-sectional study and I will be using the modified poisson regression analysis. My data has a cluster variable.

Thus, I am running the code showed below. However, I do not know what type of working correlation should I use.  Independent is the default but not sure how to decide this.  Any help would be appreciate it.  Thanks.

proc genmod data=data
class cluster
model y = x1 x2/dist=binomial link=log
repeated subject=cluster
run;

3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User
usually TYPE=UN . But I am not sure it is the best covariance structure.

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

The unstructured matrix (TYPE=UN) is the most general, allowing all pairs in the clusters to have separate correlations.  However, it is also the most complex since it has the most correlations to estimate.  As a result, using this structure often results in model fitting problems, particularly as the clusters get large. The QIC statistics can help to determine an appropriate structure as discussed in this note. But remember that the GEE method implemented by the REPEATED statement is robust to incorrect specification of the structure, so it is common to use fairly simple structures such as the independence (TYPE=IND) or exchangable (TYPE=EXCH) structures. 

lis
Calcite | Level 5 lis
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you very much for the information. This is very useful.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation