BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nikolasfilbert
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I used PROC GENMOD for Gamma distributions, and the scale parameter was estimated, which is . Can I estimate the   using GENMOD procedure?

Thank you in advance..

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It's not clear to me whether you have covariates or not. There is an example of fitting a gamma-distributed response in the PROC GENMOD documentation. For the intercept-only example with a log link, the doc says "the intercept is the estimated log mean of the fitted gamma distribution so that the mean ...is mu = exp(Intercept)."

For general models, the mean is conditional on the covariates (through the link function). For a particular choice of covariates , the conditional mean is mu(x) = inverse_link(x`*beta ).

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

The predicted values available using the PRED= option in the OUTPUT statement provide the estimate of the mean (mu) in the population defined by each observation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation