BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GlenGold
Calcite | Level 5

Correcting for heteroskedasticity using the HETERO statement after the MODEL statement.  My problem is I cannot figure a way to test for autorcorrelation in this model.  Without the HETERO statement /dw will give the durbin-watson.  My understanding is that the GARCH model is the only way to correct for both.

1 REPLY 1
udo_sas
SAS Employee

Hello - not sure if this helps, but this statement from documention might be useful: "For heteroscedastic regression models without GARCH effects, the errors are assumed to be uncorrelated — the heteroscedasticity models specified by the HETERO statement cannot be combined with an autoregressive model for the errors. Thus, when a HETERO statement is used, the NLAG= option cannot be specified unless the GARCH= option is also specified." (http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/63939/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_autoreg_sect01...)

Thanks,

Udo

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation