BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LJB
Calcite | Level 5 LJB
Calcite | Level 5
I am using SAS 9.1 and am testing the proportional hazards assumption required for the Cox model. This test requires the use of the phreg statement:

proc phreg data = alldata;
model time*cens(0)=sex;
sext=sex*time;
proportionality_test: test sext;
run;

However, whenever I run any code with this (and proc lifetime) statement I get an error message: ERROR: Procedure PHREG not found.

Please can someone tell me how I can install this and the other survival packages as they don't seem to be default on SAS?

Thank you,

LJB
1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
PHREG is part of the SAS/Stat product. It is not installed on your SAS box. Either 1) it is not licensed (in which case you are SOL) or 2) it was not installed. Hope for 2). Call your local IT support. If they can't resolve it, you then go to SAS tech support. SAS tech support may want you to have the ORIGINAL CDs, so you may need to have your IT support people there with you when you call (at least our IT folks won't let mere users have their originals).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation