BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shivi82
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I know this might sound an easy and new beginners questions however while i was working on multiple linear regression model i wanted to check the residuals and to create a graph for the same. During research I found both phreg and prog reg can be handy in doing so with some keywords added.

However I am a bit confused - what is the situation where i could use phreg and not proc reg and vice versa and both can be used.

Kindly advice. 

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

A good time to read the introductory part of the SAS/STAT documentation.

I think of PHREG (proportional hazards regression) as a tool for survival analysis or censored data regression, while REG is a tool for linear regression with normal errors that has a lot of diagnostic tools for examining things like collinearity or influence.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation