Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

PH assumptions in PHREG

Occasional Contributor reb
Occasional Contributor

PH assumptions in PHREG

Hi All,

I'm using PHREG to model some data.

so the usual: model time*censored(0) = A B A*B

The PH assumptions are fine for A and B independantly, but are violated for A*B (i have to uset he Hazardratio statement to get HRs for A*B)

My problem is that A and B are categorical not continuous so transforming them is not an option.

Any ideas on how to proceed from here????
Valued Guide

Re: PH assumptions in PHREG

Depending on the context, you could stratify on A and then have just B A*B in the model. We have had to do that on occasion when the treatment group (A) did not meet PH. You'll still need to look at A*B for PH, but it may finess the problem.

Also, some violations of PH just make the test more conservative. If so, and A*B may still be a useful test and estimand.
Occasional Contributor reb
Occasional Contributor

Re: PH assumptions in PHREG

Thanks. I'll look into that.

A is infection status (control/infected) and B is time in study (early/late) A and B dont make sense if considered alone in this model so it is the interaction that is most important - this ends up comparing control/infected early in study and control/infected late, so stratifying on time in study (B) is feasible. Will that work even though i have a clustering factor of farm (so an ID Farm statement) in the model?

I hadnt considered that some PH assumptions make the test more conservative. How would i know if this is the case with this violation? Message was edited by: reb
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation