BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
reb
Calcite | Level 5 reb
Calcite | Level 5
Hi All,

I'm using PHREG to model some data.

so the usual: model time*censored(0) = A B A*B

The PH assumptions are fine for A and B independantly, but are violated for A*B (i have to uset he Hazardratio statement to get HRs for A*B)

My problem is that A and B are categorical not continuous so transforming them is not an option.

Any ideas on how to proceed from here????
2 REPLIES 2
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Depending on the context, you could stratify on A and then have just B A*B in the model. We have had to do that on occasion when the treatment group (A) did not meet PH. You'll still need to look at A*B for PH, but it may finess the problem.

Also, some violations of PH just make the test more conservative. If so, and A*B may still be a useful test and estimand.
reb
Calcite | Level 5 reb
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks. I'll look into that.

A is infection status (control/infected) and B is time in study (early/late) A and B dont make sense if considered alone in this model so it is the interaction that is most important - this ends up comparing control/infected early in study and control/infected late, so stratifying on time in study (B) is feasible. Will that work even though i have a clustering factor of farm (so an ID Farm statement) in the model?

I hadnt considered that some PH assumptions make the test more conservative. How would i know if this is the case with this violation? Message was edited by: reb

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation