BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Dear all SAS users,

I'm wondering if there's a way to get the p-values for the parameter estimates and odds ratio estimates and as well as the profile-likelihood confidence intervals produced from proc logistic with Firth's estimation?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Isn't it included in the standard output with the firth option?

proc logistic data=have;

model y=x1 x2 x3/firth;

run;

Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Hi Reeza. Thanks for your reply.

Is "Pr > ChiSq" under "Analysis of Maximum Likelihood Estimates" the one?

I was reading Logistic Regression Using SAS: Theory and Application, Second Edition by D Allison Paul. On page 58 it says "we should always specify CLPARM=PL option when using Firth method to deal with quasi-complete separation due to inaccurate conventional Wald confidence interval in such situations. Wald p-values can also be inaccurate for the problematic parameters, so inference should be focused instead on the confidence intervals." On page 59, it says "You should never trust Wald chi-squares for parameters with non-existent maximum likelihood estimates".

So I'm wondering if I can report the p-values under "Analysis of Maximum Likelihood Estimates".

Thanks in advance.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation