BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tsetredst
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Using v9.4.

Am trying to get p-values for each of my explanatory variables from a logistic regression using proc logistic.

Code looks like this, and the outest file looks fine, except I'd like to see individual p values in the output.

proc logistic data = regc.r_sec_&i. noprint outest=creg.m2_s&i.;
model y (event = '1') = duration lvol1 lvol2 lvol3 ispread1 mkt1 mkt2 mkt3 c_dist1 dist_x_m connect connect_x_dist orderimbal;
run;

Any help would be great - thanks.

Ed

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

What do you mean by individual p-values? 

Have you looked at the Parameter Estimate table, after removing noprint? 

tsetredst
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for your response.

I am hoping to find the significance of each of the explanatory variables.

When I print the output, I get a table 'Analysis of Maximum Likelihood Estimates' that gives me the estimate, error, wald-chi-square and Pr>ChiSq.

I guess I have two questions form that:

1. is there a way of outputting those values for each of the input parameters into a separate table? (without having to open the results veiwer each time, as I am running a few regressions).

2. what can I infer from the Pr>ChiSq value? is it similar to a p-value in the sense that a small ("<.0001") is highy significant?

I am doing further reading on Q2 - as this is obviously more fundamental to the research I am conducting.

Thanks,

Ed

Reeza
Super User

Add a line to your regression, it will create a data set called PE with the desired output. 

ods output ParameterEstimates=PE;

2. That is the p-value. I HIGHLY recommend reading up on this as well as P-Hacking. 

tsetredst
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Reeza.

That worked well.

And yes, thanks for that advice, noted and taken.

Ed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation