BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gc_ut
Calcite | Level 5

HI, I have come across an issue regarding overlapping cohorts two time-dependent eras.

I want to see if a specific time period (Era 1 vs Era 2) has affected patients waiting on a list for heart transplant.

However, the patients in Era 1 overlap into Era 2. I do not want to exclude the patients who overlap into Era 2. 

Is there way that SAS to do a multivariate cox regression analysis that will allow for these overlapping cohorts when looking at the effect of an Era (Era 1 vs Era 2).

2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Did an abrupt change occur between Era1 and Era2?

You could censor overlapping patients at the end of Era1.

PG
gc_ut
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way that I can conduct the analysis without censoring the overlap. I hope to include the overlapped patients.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation