BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Demographer
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

I use the proc logistic with /link=glogit to produce multinomial logit regressions (4 categories). The standard output looks like this:

Analysis of Maximum Likelihood Estimates
Parameter var0 Estimate Pr > ChiSq

Intercept 0    
Intercept 1    
Intercept 3    
Var1      
Var2      

My question: Is it possible to set the alternatives of the dependent variable (var0) on a same line, such as:

Parameter var0          
0   1   3  
  Estimate Pr > ChiSq Estimate Pr > ChiSq Estimate Pr > ChiSq
Intercept            
Var1            
Var2            

Doing it manually takes a while where there are a lot of models.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

No..,are you using transpose to transform your output?

Demographer
Pyrite | Level 9

No, I use copy/paste in Excel which is probably not the most efficient method.

Reeza
Super User

Yeah. 

So in genesl it wouldnt make sense to present the information that way because you don't know how many categories you can have so you can end up with a wide table. 

If you do want it that way and needed it repeatedly I would recommend a process to manipulate the output via SAS programming rather than copy/paste. 

It also depends on how you want the rest of your results to show as well - what about the other variables? 

If your comfortable programming give that a shot, otherwise post back in more details what your requirements are. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation