BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AndreyMyslivets
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear members of community!

Could you help me with the problem of providing an Ordinal Logistic Regression model with Random factor, please?

I have the following variables:

1. Resoult - outcome ordinal var with some kind of 7-levels scale (1-very bad, 2-bad, etc.);

2. Group - predictor var with 2 levels (fixed effect in the model);

3. Sequence - predictor var with 2 levels (fixed effect in the model);

4. Baseline - baseline var 100-levels scale (as I understand we can use this var like a continious var) as a covariate;

5. Site - random effect in the model.

6. Subject ID- uniq number of patient

The main problem is:

"The Resoult will be analysed using an Ordinal Logistic Regression model with Baseline as a covariate, Group and Sequence as fixed effects as well as Site as a random effect."

I think that we need to use Proc Glimmix because this procedure involve posibility to use it for Ordinal Logistic Regression with random factor as I have read, but I'm not a very native with the procedure.

So, how I can use Proc Glimmix insead of Proc Logistic for solving the problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Andrey.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

proc glimmix data=data method=laplace;

class Group  Sequence Site;

model Result = Group  Sequence  Baseline / dist=multinomial link=cumlogit;

random Site/ solution;

run;

I would not specify anything having to do with denominator degrees of freedom (ddfm=) at this point.  The default containment method should prove adequate.

Steve Denham

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndreyMyslivets
Obsidian | Level 7

I think that I need to use the following code for solving my problem:

model Result = Group  Sequence  Baseline  /dist=??? link=??? ddfm=???;

random Site/ solution;

run;

I have read many similar questions here and find that "method=laplace" is often recommended method, is it applicable in my case?

Could you help me please with choosing distribution type and link function for 7-levels scale outcome and link-function? Is it multinomial distribution?

Is it correct using of random statement?

Best Regards,

Andrey.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

model Result = Group  Sequence  Baseline / dist=multinomial link=cumlogit;

random Site/ solution;

run;

I would not specify anything having to do with denominator degrees of freedom (ddfm=) at this point.  The default containment method should prove adequate.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation