BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JohnB_
Calcite | Level 5

The default behavior for proc logistic in sas 9.3 has changed as described below:

"If the ODDSRATIO statement or CLODDS= option is specified, the default “Odds Ratio” table is no longer

produced, and only the requested results are displayed."

Any idea why this was done? I have code that used to output the oddsratio table using ods, and the CloddsPL table for another variable. Now the oddsratio table no longer exists when I use the CLODDS= option. Is there a way to get this back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bobderr
SAS Employee

Specify CLODDS=BOTH.  The CloddsWald table contains all the results from the default OR table, and you'll still get your CloddsPL results.

CLODDS and ODDSRATIO add several OR tables, and some complaints rolled in about clutter and it being tough to tell which table came from what.  The assumption that anybody specifying CLODDS and/or ODDSRATIO would ignore the default table obviously wasn't quite correct!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

It doesn't look like it.  The only workaround I see is to specify each term in a separate ODDSRATIO statement, and get what you need from the ODS table OddsRatiosPL.

Good luck,

Steve Denham

bobderr
SAS Employee

Specify CLODDS=BOTH.  The CloddsWald table contains all the results from the default OR table, and you'll still get your CloddsPL results.

CLODDS and ODDSRATIO add several OR tables, and some complaints rolled in about clutter and it being tough to tell which table came from what.  The assumption that anybody specifying CLODDS and/or ODDSRATIO would ignore the default table obviously wasn't quite correct!

JohnB_
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the replies.

Another helpful reply that I got from David Schlotzhauer at SAS is to use the default option for units. This results in all variables being given an estimate.

proc logistic desc data = _temp_;

class cat1 cat2;

model outcome = cont1 cat1 cat2 cont2 /clodds=pl;

units cont1 = 20 / default=1;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation