BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
t75wez1
Quartz | Level 8

hello, 

my data include two variables with 20,000 records. One is whether or not received a product sample and the other is whether use the product or other products after received the product sample. I wanted to calculate the odds ratio to conclude that the consumer who received the product sample would be 2 times likely to use the product than the consumer who didn't receive the sample. However the product has only 3% of market share among all the products consumers use.

how to solve the problem in SAS?

I'm very appreciative of any helps?

Ethan

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Here's a good quick reference, Paul Allisons thoughts on the issue

http://statisticalhorizons.com/logistic-regression-for-rare-events

You can google with the following term to get more responses : Logistic regression rare events

Ksharp
Super User

Exact Logistic Regression

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Since you describe a 2x2 table, you could avoid fitting a model altogether and simply use PROC FREQ and request an exact estimate of the odds ratio with the EXACT OR; statement.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation