BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RDD
Calcite | Level 5 RDD
Calcite | Level 5

I am running an ordinal logisic regression analysis where the outcome/idependent variable (Q169_2re) has three levels (1=little exposure, 2=moderate, 3=extreme). I am using the following code and I am unable to get odds ratio estmates for each level. I tried a contrast statement but it didn't work (I thought those were only for levels of depenent variables, but I could be wrong). Can someone point me in the right direction?

proc SURVEYLOGISTIC data=HRBM order=formatted;

weight weight1;

class Q169_2re (ref="1 little exposure") risk(ref="no risk")/PARAM=ordinal;

model Q169_2re=risk/CLODDS;

run;

2 REPLIES 2
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

I assume that you specified PARAM=ORDINAL because your response is ordinal.  You never need to specify the response variable in the CLASS statement, and I recommend that you don't.  Because you have PARAM=ORDINAL specified as a global option in the CLASS statement, it applies not only to the response but also your predictor.  That's why you don't get odds ratios by default (though you could probably add an ODDSRATIO statement to get it).  So, the following would be better code.  Note that if you need to model the probabilities of higher values of the response, use the DESCENDING response variable option as shown.

proc SURVEYLOGISTIC data=HRBM order=formatted;

weight weight1;

class risk(ref="no risk");

model Q169_2re(descending)=risk/CLODDS;

run;

RDD
Calcite | Level 5 RDD
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation