BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
CesarOmarHR
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I was wondering if you could help me to obtain the ecuation from a logit regression model, to obtain the individual estimates by hand, since i already have them on a SAS table. The purpose of it, is to give the equation to TI.

• My ecuation has, continuous, and categorical variables (Trouble is in the last one)
  • Dependent variable is y=1 or y=0
  • example: y = b0 + (b1Married + b2Divorced) + (b3HighSchool + b4College)

Single as "Base"               No Studies as "Base"

For individuals with "Nonbase" characteristics such as Married, Divorced, High School or College, the procedure by hand gives me the estimated "y".

When implementing to production, i find trouble when i have individuals with caracteristics taken as "Base", since the intercept enbody the whole "Base" caracteristics, can´t isolate them and therefore, obtain a different estimated "y".

Could anyone please tell me what to do when having an individual with one or two base caracteristics? How can i get the adjusted "y" i get automatically from enterprise Guide?

Thanks in advanced.

Cesar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

When you have "BASE" (usually known as Reference Level) then you only have the intercept and possibly another term. This would be equivalent to what EG would display.

For example for a person who is single with High School education

Y=B0+B3

Person Married with no studies:

Y=B0+B1

Single, No studies

Y=B0

If you're not getting the numbers you expect its likely you've made a mistake either in computing your regression (failing to specify class values with PARAM=REF), setting your output correctly (Y=0 is default regression)

or not doing the correct calculation, not implementing the formula correctly.

The following two links may help you:

Logistic Regression – Quick Tips | Statistics and other stuff from a geek

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

When you have "BASE" (usually known as Reference Level) then you only have the intercept and possibly another term. This would be equivalent to what EG would display.

For example for a person who is single with High School education

Y=B0+B3

Person Married with no studies:

Y=B0+B1

Single, No studies

Y=B0

If you're not getting the numbers you expect its likely you've made a mistake either in computing your regression (failing to specify class values with PARAM=REF), setting your output correctly (Y=0 is default regression)

or not doing the correct calculation, not implementing the formula correctly.

The following two links may help you:

Logistic Regression – Quick Tips | Statistics and other stuff from a geek

CesarOmarHR
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot, it worked! This was holding us back.

Cesar

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation