BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Dear all,

How are you?

I use the polychoric matrix produced from the polychoric macro(25010 - Create a polychoric correlation or distance matrix) as an input data for proc factor. But I don't understand the first note. Can anyone please enlighten me on how to address this? Thank you very much.

%polychor(data=tmp, var=r1 r2 r3 r4 r5 r6 r7 r8, out=chor,type=corr);

proc factor data = chor  method = ml rotate = promax outstat = FAstats n=3 heywood residuals msa score;

var r1--r8;

run;

NOTE: N not equal across variables in data set WORK.CHOR. This may not be appropriate. The smallest value will be used.

NOTE: 3 factors will be retained by the NFACTOR criterion.

NOTE: Convergence criterion satisfied.

NOTE: The data set WORK.FASTATS has 56 observations and 10 variables.

NOTE: At least one W.D format was too small for the number to be printed. The decimal may be shifted by the "BEST" format.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Can you move/post this in the stats forum instead of the general forum? You're more likely to get responses that way.

Miracle
Barite | Level 11

Dear all,

I just read its SAS note.

Does it mean I need to perform listwise deletion on my data before using the polychor macro?

Thank you very much.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation