BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HemaB
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Could you let me know if anyone avire of this concept.

in my study i have a requirement for probability plot the query is like this --> "Normal probability plot with simulation envelope from the mixed model" means i should i do?

1) is it from raw data or

2) should i consider anything from mixed model results?

thanks in advance.

Hima B

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Normal probability plot of what? The residuals?

Many SAS procedures produce normal quantile-quantile plots automatically. The Q-Q plot is very similar to the probability plot, but the Q-Q plot is usually easier to read than the probability plot, and makes deviations from normality more apparent.

A "envelope" usually means that you run an analysis many times and look at the 2.5% and 97.5% percentiles of the results.  For a Q-Q plot, you might bootstrap the data and store the data for 1000 Q-Q plots. You then plot the appropriate percentiles as the envelope.

I do not know what the term "simulation envelope from the mixed model" means.  Perhaps someone else might be able to provide insight.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation