Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Nonlinear regression models with panel data

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Nonlinear regression models with panel data

Hello;

I need to run a very simple nonlinear model such that: Y=x/sqrt(1+x^2) + z

The problem is that I have a panel data structure. Does SAS offer any procedures that can run nonlinear models on panel data?

Thanks for reading

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎07-19-2013 05:18 PM
SAS Employee

Re: Nonlinear regression models with panel data

Hi Niam,

Thanks for the question.  Yes, SAS has a number of procedures for nonlinear panel data models. I am going to

TCOUNTREG: Count data models (Poisson and Negative Binomial) with Fixed and Random Effects (subject specific intercepts)SAS/ETS(R) 12.1 User's Guide

NLMIXED: Syntax and models similar to PROC MIXED but non-linear models.  SAS/STAT(R) 12.1 User's Guide

You can also analyze repeated measures with GLIMMIX.

I will warn you.  Since you used the term "panel" and not "longitudinal" to describe the data, I am going to assume you are coming from more of an observational data background. For that reason some of the terminology of the *MIX*-type procedures may look a little odd at first glance.

Let me know if you need any assistance getting started-Ken

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎07-19-2013 05:18 PM
SAS Employee

Hi Niam,

Thanks for the question.  Yes, SAS has a number of procedures for nonlinear panel data models. I am going to

TCOUNTREG: Count data models (Poisson and Negative Binomial) with Fixed and Random Effects (subject specific intercepts)SAS/ETS(R) 12.1 User's Guide

NLMIXED: Syntax and models similar to PROC MIXED but non-linear models.  SAS/STAT(R) 12.1 User's Guide

You can also analyze repeated measures with GLIMMIX.

I will warn you.  Since you used the term "panel" and not "longitudinal" to describe the data, I am going to assume you are coming from more of an observational data background. For that reason some of the terminology of the *MIX*-type procedures may look a little odd at first glance.

Let me know if you need any assistance getting started-Ken

Frequent Contributor

Thank you very much for the great help. I will review these PROCs and get back to you in case I have any more questions

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation