Programming the statistical procedures from SAS

Nonlinear inverse prediction

New Contributor

Nonlinear inverse prediction

Hello,

For research purposes, I would like to know the method SAS uses to perform an inverse prediction of confidence interval in the context of a nonlinear model. For exemple for a 4 parameter logistic model(dose response model),  whith which method SAS obtains by inverse prediction,  the confidence interval of a concentration knowing the corresponding response value? I could not find that information in the SAS documentation.

Thank you.

SAS Employee

Re: Nonlinear inverse prediction

Inverse confidence limits in the context of a binary response model (logistic or probit) can be done using the INVERSECL option in PROC PROBIT.  The method used is described in the "Details: Inverse Confidence Limits" section of the PROBIT documentation.

Respected Advisor

Following on to 's comment:  There are good methods if you use PROBIT.  If you have fit a 4 parameter model in NLIN or NLMIXED, I am afraid that you will have to write DATA step code or PROC IML code to get what you need.

Steve Denham

New Contributor

Thank you!  That helps to find that the methods are there for PROBIT. Since what I am interested in, are growth curves like the 4 parameter model, i will probably write a code with PROC IML to find my inverse confidence interval.

New Contributor

Thank you.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation