BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
namodelali
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

For research purposes, I would like to know the method SAS uses to perform an inverse prediction of confidence interval in the context of a nonlinear model. For exemple for a 4 parameter logistic model(dose response model),  whith which method SAS obtains by inverse prediction,  the confidence interval of a concentration knowing the corresponding response value? I could not find that information in the SAS documentation.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Inverse confidence limits in the context of a binary response model (logistic or probit) can be done using the INVERSECL option in PROC PROBIT.  The method used is described in the "Details: Inverse Confidence Limits" section of the PROBIT documentation.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Following on to 's comment:  There are good methods if you use PROBIT.  If you have fit a 4 parameter model in NLIN or NLMIXED, I am afraid that you will have to write DATA step code or PROC IML code to get what you need.

Steve Denham

namodelali
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you!  That helps to find that the methods are there for PROBIT. Since what I am interested in, are growth curves like the 4 parameter model, i will probably write a code with PROC IML to find my inverse confidence interval.

namodelali
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation