BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nickb
Calcite | Level 5
Need code to solve the following equation using Newton-Rhapson for a system of equations in SAS IML?

∑ (t=1)^T (Yj-Xj)/
(1+r)^t -c=0

Y is the income stream of the jth student from time, t=1, until the end. X is the income stream of the control group. r is the discount rate or the percentage money declines in value each year.

I have R code to do this but I know very little about R and can’t understand what is going on so any help for SAS will be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the equation. I tried to copy in and the format went nuts.
1 REPLY 1
Paige
Quartz | Level 8
If you have the code in R to do this, why do you need the code in SAS to do this? Can't you just run the R code and get your answer?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation