BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Demographer
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

I want to perform a generalized ordered logit regression to predict education in 3 levels (edu3) with a set of variables. I tried this:

proc logistic data=edu.educationClean;
class  Langue(ref='0') cntr_regr(ref=first) genstat3(ref='0') eduM3(ref='2') religion(ref='0') /param=ref;
model edu3(descending)= cntr_regr lncohort cntr_regr*lncohort Langue genstat3 religion eduM3/unequalslopes maxiter=500 rsquare;
weight pond2 / norm;
by EU15 sex;
run;

However, I got this warning message:

WARNING: Negative individual predicted probabilities were identified in the final model fit.  You
         may want to modify your UNEQUALSLOPES specification.
WARNING: The LOGISTIC procedure continues in spite of the above warning. Results shown are based
         on the last maximum likelihood iteration. Validity of the model fit is questionable.

When I look at the results, they look consistent. What does that mean exactly? How can I fix the problem? I also ran a multinomial logit model on the same dataset and there were no message like this.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

1) Remove   UNEQUALSLOPES 

2) variable EDU3 has value like 1 2 3?

Demographer
Pyrite | Level 9

1) I need this statement, because I want 2 set of parameters for all variables.

2) Values are 0-1-2

Ksharp
Super User

That is weird. LOG said you got negative predicted prob, that doesn't make any sense .

Try remove "

weight pond2 / norm;  

or use 

freq pond2;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation