BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
plf515
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have a data set that is a bit complex.

People were part of various organizations (there were 80 organizations).  Organizations were randomly assigned to one of two treatments (so there is a cluster effect) and measured at three time points (so there is a time effect).  The main interest is in mediation and, because the data are quite non-normal, I need to bootstrap the effect sizes.

Any hints on how to approach this would be appreciated.

And, if you're going to SESUG 2016 - maybe we can discuss it there.

I am using SAS 9.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Hi Pete @plf515r,

Someplace in the SAS-L archives there is a piece of code that David Cassell wrote that can be used as a wrapper for almost any kind of randomization test, which ought to include bootstrapping.  I think I might have something remaining of it  It's from SUGI 27.  Hope this helps.

Steve Denham

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ksharp
Super User

It is longitudinal data (repeated measure). Check PROC GEE/MIXED/GLMMXI ......

@Steve @lvm can give you good advice .

plf515
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks K. Yes, PROC MIXED is probably the spot, but I am not sure if it can do this and if so, how it can.
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Hi Pete @plf515r,

Someplace in the SAS-L archives there is a piece of code that David Cassell wrote that can be used as a wrapper for almost any kind of randomization test, which ought to include bootstrapping.  I think I might have something remaining of it  It's from SUGI 27.  Hope this helps.

Steve Denham

plf515
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks Steve. I will look for it

Peter

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation