BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Camp
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Everyone,

Someone please explain me through your own example (data) the:- 

Multivariable Cox proportional hazards regression models (procedure/fitting in SAS) - adjusting for baseline covariates in the model.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
Camp
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Reeza,

Thanks for the link.  Can you please clarify one more thing.  Like we use class statement in our 'proc logistic' procedure (to specify our categorical variables used in model statement).  Do we have to do the same in 'proc phreg' also? And, do it serves the same purpose 'specify our categorical variables used in model statement'?

Thanks!

Reeza
Super User

@Camp wrote:

Like we use class statement in our 'proc logistic' procedure (to specify our categorical variables used in model statement).  Do we have to do the same in 'proc phreg' also?

Yes, you use the CLASS statement in PROC PHREG similar to how you would in PROC LOGISTIC

@Camp wrote:

And, do it serves the same purpose 'specify our categorical variables used in model statement'?

Not sure what that means. You still have to list the categorical variables in both your CLASS and MODEL statements.

Camp
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks! your answer clarifies my last question. Can you suggest/answer my one question (as I am not sure)

As per standard practice: Can we include continuous variable specially 'Age' on RHS of = sign (i.e. independent variable) in model statement for PHREG procedure?

I am asking this because I am not a statistician.

Reeza
Super User

My personal suggestion, don't run a proc if you don't know what it does, especially the statistical procedures. 

Yes, continuous and categorical variables can go into a model. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation