BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
emre
Calcite | Level 5

I have some data in discrete choice format, and I have a question on using PROC MI for discrete choice data. I am using imputation to fill in some missing independent variables as well as the dependent variable, choice. The problem is that pairs of choices need to be mutually exclusive (one row of data is the chosen option, the other is the option not chosen), something that PROC MI does not take into account. Is there a way to enforce this condition? Should I be using a different method of imputing the data? Should I not bother imputing the dependent variable? Any advice is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
emre
Calcite | Level 5

I will answer my own question if it is permitted. It may not be the most elegant solution.

To recap, my data looked like

pidchoicevar...

To successfully use PROC MI, I "rolled" the observations with the same pid into a single row, so that my input would look something like this

pidchoicevar1var2...

for the same data as the first table. After PROC MI, I would split the rows into the format needed to use PROC MDC.

It turns out this was pretty trivial, I was just in a state of tunnel vision!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
emre
Calcite | Level 5

I will answer my own question if it is permitted. It may not be the most elegant solution.

To recap, my data looked like

pidchoicevar...

To successfully use PROC MI, I "rolled" the observations with the same pid into a single row, so that my input would look something like this

pidchoicevar1var2...

for the same data as the first table. After PROC MI, I would split the rows into the format needed to use PROC MDC.

It turns out this was pretty trivial, I was just in a state of tunnel vision!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation