BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hello,

I have a data set with 14 different groupings of test/control records, and I need to run t-tests on all.  So I have one variable titled, "Test_ID" and the values run A1, A2, A3... A14 (test) and Z1, Z2 .... Z14 (control).  I want to test for the difference in the variable, "Revenue."  Is there a simple statement I am overlooking on the white papers which will let me do this, or do I just need to write a macro do loop and let that run through?

Thanks!

--Russell         

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
art297
Opal | Level 21

I think that the following describes what you are trying to do.  I'm presuming that these are all independent tests, except that all of the data exists in one file.  Also realize, I am not a statistician, thus check the results to see if it is actually doing what you want to do:

data have;

input testid $ revenue;

cards;

A1 10

A1 12

Z1 3

Z1 14

A2 9

A2 6

A2 5

Z2 14

Z2 15

;

data need;

set have;

testgroup=substr(testid,2);

run;

proc ttest data=need;

class testid;

by testgroup;

run;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
art297
Opal | Level 21

I think that the following describes what you are trying to do.  I'm presuming that these are all independent tests, except that all of the data exists in one file.  Also realize, I am not a statistician, thus check the results to see if it is actually doing what you want to do:

data have;

input testid $ revenue;

cards;

A1 10

A1 12

Z1 3

Z1 14

A2 9

A2 6

A2 5

Z2 14

Z2 15

;

data need;

set have;

testgroup=substr(testid,2);

run;

proc ttest data=need;

class testid;

by testgroup;

run;

RussellNonBrand
Calcite | Level 5

Doh!  I knew it was that easy!  How did I not pick up on this on all the whitepapers I read...

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation