BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PernilleSL
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have to do a multinomial logistic regression on clustedered data. My supervisor ask me to run a logistic regression with robust standard errors in order to take into account dependency between observations in the data set. I have tried to find an appropriate procedure in SAS 9.4 to do so, and my best guess is to use the PROC GLIMMIX in which I put in 'random intercept / subject= id'. However, whwn I do so I get an error in the log saying: 'Nominal model require that the repsonse variable is a group effect on the on RANDOM statements. You need to add 'GROUP=outcome '. When I do so I just get another error saying: 'Model is too large to be fit by PROC GLIMMIX in a resonable amount of time on this system. Consider changing your model.'

Then my question is what to do and which model to use?

I have used the following SAS syntax:

1st error reported above:

PROC GLIMMIX data=c;

CLASS age (ref='3') ID;

MODEL outcome = age / DIST=multinomial LINK=glogit CL ODDSRATIO;

RANDOM intercept / SUBJECT=id;

RUN;

and 2nd error reported above:

PROC GLIMMIX data=c;

CLASS age (ref='3') id;

MODEL outcome = age / DIST=multinomial LINK=glogit CL ODDSRATIO;

RANDOM intercept / SUBJECT=id GROUP=outcome;

RUN;

Thanks in advance

Best,

Pernille

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User

Could you try 
 RANDOM _residual_ / SUBJECT=id;

PernilleSL
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot for your quick repsonse. I have tried what you suggested, but then I get another error: 'R-side random effects are not supported by the multinomial distribution.'. Any other sugesstions?

Thanks in advance.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation