BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello. I am trying to build a multinomial logistic model using LINK=GLOGIT to predict customer membership in 6 groups. The customers are grouped into 6 groups based on survey responses to spend amount in the industry overall & with one particular vendor in the industry.
Behavioral data (retail purchase data) of these surveyed customers is what I'm using to try & develop a model to predict membership in one of the 6 groups. All solutions I've found result in nearly all modeled customers being placed into the largest segment (based on max score) & no customers being placed in some of the smaller segments. Basically, 93+% of those in each segment are scored to be placed into the largest segment, not the segment they actually fall in. The largest segment is 43% of all customers.

Any tips on how to alleviate this situation and reduce the very large rate of misclassifications? Different Proc options, data preparation & variable steps?

Thank you.

Message was edited by: c-cubed

Message was edited by: c-cubed
3 REPLIES 3
plf515
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I don't have time for a full response right now, but look into the SCORE statement, in particular, look into PRIOR option within that.

HTH

Peter
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you Peter, but I have tried that & it didn't change the results.
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
There is always a chance that it is a non-predictive model. Have you looked at your model fit and discrimination statistics?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation