BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hitesh
Fluorite | Level 6

I have 20 different values for the same person from different sources (Stored in 20 variables Age1, Age2, ... Age20) and need to select one final value of age. We decided to go with Maximum occurred value (Mode) of age. If the person has one mode then that's the value or if more than one then randomly pick one. To do this I need to calculate Mode across variables as we calculate Mean or Sum(Age1, Age2,...Age20) using SAS Function. I couldn't find similar function for calculating MODE. I can transpose and calculate modes for each sub-group but the problem is dataset is very large (4-million records and 20 variables) and I need their mode recombined to their IDs. So better way is if I can find MODEs. across the variables Is there any way to calculate this?

1 REPLY 1
Norman21
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You might be able to adapt the technique discussed here:

http://blogs.lessthandot.com/index.php/datamgmt/datadesign/calculating-mean-median-and-mode-with-sq/

"Calculating Mean, Median and Mode with SQL Server"

Norman.
SAS 9.4 (TS1M6) X64_10PRO WIN 10.0.17763 Workstation

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation