BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AprilS
Calcite | Level 5

The data has a 3-level clustered structure: first cluster level is A (e.g. student), second level B(e.g. class), third level C (e.g. school), and a student may have multiple events(recurrent). I wonder if any SAS proc could do a recurrent event survival analysis with 3-level clustered data?

In addition, there are more than 2 time dependent covariates (i.e. may change during the time interval from the start date to an event date), I wonder if there is an instruction or example how to deal with more than 2 time dependent covariates in a survival model?

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Thuva
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

Were you able to resolve this? I am looking to create a multilevel model with 2 clusters (ID and center) with recurrent events. The PROC PHREG statement only seems to allow for one random effect in the RANDOM statment. When I write the RANDOM statement twice for the 2 variables, it doesn't appear to work. I took a look into PROC SURVEYPHREG, which allows you to have more than one RANDOM effect, but I'm not sure how to adjust of the recurrent events.

proc phreg data=final_survival_export covs(aggregate) covm;
class 	pt_id prev_enteral_feed (ref='0') /*need this to specify for random effect*/;
model  (visit0 visit1)*rs(0)= prev_enteral_feed/rl ties=efron; /* RL= 95% (default alpha level) confidence limits for the hazard ratios.*/
random pt_id; *shared frailty;
id pt_id; /*not sure if this ID step is needed*/
run;

This is what I had for the 1 random effect model that accoounts for recurrent events, however I need 2 random effects. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation