BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Josue
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue how to account for the extra error term in our mixed statistical model using the SAS mixed procedure. I want to treat it as a split-plot design to come up with an ANOVA table, and one error term should not include the factor L (see equation below).

My guess is something like:

Model.png

Proc Mixed data=StrainGauges method=type3; class rep F R C L;

model S=F R C FR  FC RC FRC L FL RL CL FRL FCL RCL FRCL/ddfm=kr;

Random rep(A|B|C)

However, I am not sure how to write the random statement (e.g. "Random rep(A*B*C)" or "Random rep(A|B|C)"). Can someone help me to write this code?

Thanks in advanced!

Josue

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

This is a case where you have several random effects, so the rep(A*B*C) is obviously not what you need (and it is just as obvious that it is the residual error).

A much better approach would be:

random intercept F R C F*R F*C R*C F*R*C/subject=rep;

Also in your model statement, be sure to represent interactions with the '*' operator.  As it is now, this would treat FR, FC, RC and FRC as continuous (and undefined) variables.

Steve Denham

Josue
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, Steve. Your comments will be very useful for our analysis!

Josue Bastos

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation