BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ashwini_uci
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am getting this note:

Note:645 observations were deleted due to missing values for the response or explanatory variables.

after ruuning a proc logistic,

The code likes this:

proc logistic data =library.nismicathcabg4 descending ;

class   female  (ref= first) dm dmcx htn_c  aids alcohol ANEMDEF arth race1(ref=first)   ZIPINC_QRTL(ref=first) hosp_location h_contrl(ref=first) hosp_teach

bldloss chf chrnlung coag depress drug hypothy liver lymph lytes mets neuro obese para perivasc psych pulmcirc renlfail tumor

ulcer valve wghtloss cararrhythmia/param=ref;

model  died=  age female  dm dmcx htn_c  aids alcohol ANEMDEF arth race1 zipinc_qrtl hosp_location h_contrl hosp_teach  TOTAL_DISC

bldloss chf chrnlung coag depress drug hypothy liver lymph lytes mets neuro obese para perivasc psych pulmcirc renlfail tumor

ulcer valve wghtloss cararrhythmia;

where pcionly=1 and stemi=0;

weight discwt;

title 'Logi Reg in-hosp mortality vs gender in POST-PCI MI patients using "where" option with RACE +income for nonstemi with pcionly';

run;

quit;

I have checked all the variables for missing values and deleted the records that had missing values for all above mentioned explanatory variables,so the data is supposed to be complete...

But i am not sure why i keep getting this note..

Any idea? any suggestions?

Thanks much.

Ashwini

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

It's not just the explanatory variables, but any variables listed in the CLASS stmt, the MODEL stmt, or the WEIGHT statement. To count the number of missing values in your variables, see this article: http://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2011/09/19/count-the-number-of-missing-values-for-each-variable/

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation